This is for students who want to learn coding with block-based format of the puzzles and wish to develop sequencing, problem solving, critical thinking, programming,debugging,looping and advanced looping skills on a computer platform.
Students will use a computer online platform to work on. It is a fun platform to work on with graphics and animation.
- Algorithm - A list of steps to finish a task.
- Bug - Part of a program that does not work correctly.
- Debugging - Finding and fixing problems in an algorithm or program.
- Sequencing - Putting commands in correct order so computers can read the commands.
- Program - An algorithm that has been coded into something that can be run by a machine.
- Programming - The art of creating a program.
- Loop - The action of doing something over and over again.
- Repeat - Do something again
Using characters from the game, students will develop sequential algorithms to move a character from one side of a maze to the other character at the other side. To do this they will stack code blocks together in a linear sequence, making them move straight, turn left, or turn right. They will also find and bugs and keep on debugging their program and make it error free before they move on to the next level.
Debugging is an essential element of learning to program. In this lesson, students will encounter puzzles that have been solved incorrectly. They will need to step through the existing code to identify errors. Debugging forces the students to recognize problems and overcome them while building critical thinking and problem solving skills. Students will continue to build on their concepts on Algorithm, Sequencing and Debugging.
Using loops (repeating action/actions) is an important skill in programming.Students will learn to add instructions to existing loops, gather repeated code into loops, and recognize patterns that need to be looped.
Students will learn to add instructions to existing loops, gather repeated code into loops, and recognize patterns that need to be looped. They will work on Advanced challenges on Loops in this part of the course.